The program emphasizes on subjects concerning the entire stand building and exhibition service industry and in addition consists of disciplines that are related to the meeting industry (e.g. trade shows, special events). The total program includes 130 teaching hrs. The participants are able to compose their own program of minimum 100 hrs. corresponding to their own specific interests and needs.
The whole program contains four modules. The participants personally meet during the first session, which lasts five days. They have the opportunity to get to know each other and to establish networking groups. Three additional modules are embedded in an e-learning program, which keeps going for approx. four months. Additionally, the participants work together in joint projects.
On one hand, the comprehensive training program considers the cross-function character of exhibition management. On the other hand, the subjects embrace the various working areas that stand builders and exhibition service agencies cope with.
The face-to-face module 1 is dedicated to an introduction into the ICE program. The attendees learn how to run international projects, are taught how to sell their products and services and get to know the differences of stand building in various countries.
The core element of the e-learning sessions is an internet platform where all documents of the program are lodged. There is also the opportunity for collaboration of the students. The documents can be downloaded on the participant’s tablets or other devices. This way, the participants are flexible when and where to study their material.
The structure of the following three modules includes three different sections each: one segment consists of subjects related to general management; another segment has a focus on exhibition management; the third segment concerns subjects directly related to the stand building and exhibition service industry.
Content: General Management
The basic idea of the ICE program is to enable managers and skilled work forces to run their companies better, more sustainable and successful. Therefore, the ICE program subjects more related to general management.
- “Intercultural Management” to demonstrate the internationality of the industry.
- “Risk and Crisis Management”, as this is an essential accompaniment of our actual business life.
- “Controlling, Finance and Accountancy” to steer and supervise the company’s KPIs.
- “Strategic Management” to prepare the company for the future.
- “E-marketing and Social Media” to keep pace with new media.
- “Customer Relationship Management” as a management tool obligatory for success.
Content: Exhibition Management
The more exhibition industry related subjects include the following education topics:
- “Participation in Exhibitions” allows participants to look behind their customers’ doors.
- “Service Strategy and Organization” is a topic that makes an assessment o f own structures possible.
- “Special Event Management” as a tool enables participants to offer their own event projects.
- “Sustainability”’ is a “must” for all responsible-minded managers.
- “Public Relations” offers recommendations how to optimize the company’s public appearance.
Content: Exhibition and Event Services
The more industry related part includes subjects that are directly linked to the professionals’ daily work, their products and services.
- Technical Basics for Stand Building
- International Assurances and Contract Law
- Safety at Work
- Exhibition Logistic
- International Stand Building Regulations
The ICE program gives a comprehensive vision and detailed methodologies to drive the participants’ careers forward.