our venue at the imperial Hofburg rooms
30 Years of IFES – Welcoming all Delegates at the World Summit 2015 in Vienna.
Vienna celebrated its 200th anniversary as a convention city in 2015 and IFES its 30th birthday! For this unique occasion, the IFES World Summit 2015 was held in the Hofburg of Vienna, the former residence of the Hapsburgs. The core theme of the IFES World Summit 2015 was “Sharing Business”. For the first time ever, IFES invited global and national players from the whole spectrum of the exhibition industry elevating the annual meeting to “The Next Level”. More than 270 participants from over 37 countries came together in the 2.000m² of Vienna’s imperial Hofburg rooms. They were inspired by lectures and discussions on the following key topics:
- environmental awareness
- international market opportunities in the green segment
- innovative and sustainable management based on success stories of global market leaders
- “Green Meetings” and “Green Events”.
Leslie P.C. Zech, President of the IFES World Summit Committee 2015 Vienna, explains “The core of our World Summit 2015 was business-to-business. My goal was that each congress participant’s expectations would be fully met and that the participants would get many new contacts to expand their business nationally and internationally”.
We are very proud to announce that our event was certified as GREEN EVENT by the Austrian ecolabel “Green Meetings”.
Highlights of the programme
Industry Day (25th June)
This first day of the convention was focused on connecting decision-makers from the invited international industry and the IFES community.
- DI Dr. Georg Pölzl, Österreichische Post AG: Green logistics – the success story of Österreichische Post
- IFES Sustainability Challenge
- Paul Woodward, Managing Director of UFI (The Global Association of the Exhibition Industry): “Sustainable Developments in the International Exhibition Industry”
IFES Community & Live Marketing Day (26th June)
The second day expanded to include partners from the exhibition, event and convention business, who would provide insight on collaboration on international projects and shared new knowledge about how to implement brands and corporate identities globally. Participants were able to discuss their own experiences and exchange ideas with international partners in topic-related workshops; meet live marketing specialists and discuss projects at Business Speed Meetings; and discuss current issues directly with speakers at roundtables.
Key note: 60th EUROVISION SONG CONTEST Backstage Report.
- Sustainability in the Event Industry – How to match ephemeral productions and long lasting improvements, Gabriela Künzli, e-Senses SARL
- INSPIRED BY NATURE – What you can learn from nature for your business A selection of materials with a strong link with nature, Elodie Ternaux, Chez facile* design
- Doing business in Latin America? How to choose a contractor, Alejandro Escalante, OMEGA GROUP
- SAAS – Stand As A Service. Why exhibitors will choose to dematerialize their stand? Philippe Beille, Duo Display
Staging of the World Summit
A main stage which offers multimedia equipment on a technologically advanced level for speakers, videos, images, posters, advertising and, of course, special effects for our sponsors.
Powered by Habegger AG www.habegger.ch
Design: Lukas Bast / EECS – Exhibition-Event-Congress-Service GmbH, Vienna